Preserving your natural teeth is the top priority for us., but there are conditions when teeth must be extracted. It can be a simple extraction or surgical extraction.
Simple extraction procedure is performed on teethvisible in the nouth and are not hidden underneath the gums.
Surgical extraction is considered for broken or decaying teeth that can not be grasped with forceps. Several factors which determine whether the extractionis simple or surgical can be-
- Location and positioning of the tooth.
- Length or curve of tooth root.
- Thickness of the bone surrounding the affected tooth.
- Health status of the patient.
- Past root canal treatments which can make roots more brittle and susceptible to breakage.